Monday, April 9, 2012

A day with the fam.


Sunday was an absolutely jam packed day! In the morning, we all went to church to celebrate Jesus's resurrection. I really liked the songs we sang at church. Oh, I also got to meet my sister's friend's baby. She is the cutest little baby. I loved holding her. :) What a sweetie. After church, we had a few hours before we left to see my Grandpa at the hospital.

He has been in the hospital these past couple of days and was released today. I've written about him before in another post, but he has had cancer for a while and this last week he had a heart attack. I'm glad that he is still with us. We had a good visit, but it was hard to see my Grandpa like that. I didn't grow up seeing him all my life, but I still care about him a lot. My mom handled it well-even though it's incredibly difficult seeing her dad sick. He really appreciated us coming to visit him though.

We celebrated Easter with my mom's boyfriend's family. They had a big Easter egg hunt that a lot of families participated in on Sunday. Bill and I walked around and lazily picked up pieces of candy. I think we looked a bit apathetic, but we did try to find the bigger gifts in the trees. Although, we didn't find any. :( After dinner, we went home and pretty much went straight to bed. It was a good day.



Photobucket

4 Sweet Notes:

Alisha said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Praying for peace and comfort for him.

Hope your week is off a great start!
xo
Alisha

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Glad it was a good day, despite your Grandpa being ill. So sorry. Will pray for his strength.

Leah said...

glad you had a good easter with your family! And that you were able to see your granpa- thinking of him and you guys!

Jenna said...

Aww sounds like a great Easter, Natalie! Glad your grandpa is doing better. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!