Thursday, February 16, 2012

In Transition

I wanted to thank all of you for your sweet comments on our wedding pictures. We truly had an amazing day!

This Valentine's Day we had breakfast together with heart shaped pan cakes in the morning. Thanks to Bill. :) Also, we just picked out some chickens that we are going to order soon. It's crazy to think we have chickens. I've never had them before. ha Anyways, I am wanting to write about my dad today.

He left for Dubai last night, and he's been in my prayers ever since. He is going to work in Afghanistan for a year as a contractor. I'm so proud of him for taking a chance and being adventurous, but I'm going to miss him so much! When I talked to him last night, he told me not to worry about his safety-that he would be fine. :) I'm praying that he will be. I'm wondering though, what this transition will be like. I've never had my dad far away at any point in my life. We will get to talk often so I'm sure I will adjust after a while. It's just difficult right now.

For now, I'm staying positive and thinking about how grateful I am he was at our wedding and gave me away with my mom. It was really sweet. I'm very thankful for that day!!



Photobucket

3 Sweet Notes:

Jess said...

Hopefully the next year will fly by for you and your dad, and at least you have skype and e-mail to stay in touch!

And chickens???? That is so cool! My dad has chickens, and I would love to have my own, but they have stinky city laws against it in Houston :(

Lauren {love lulu} said...

I'm so sorry Natalie! I can't imagine my dad being in Afghanistan for a year! I'm glad he was able to be at your wedding too though :)

Leah said...

Your dad will be in my prayers too! What an adventure, but what a bittersweet time for you and your family! Thinking of you guys! PS. love the heartshaped pancakes idea, how cute!