Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We are so close!

 *I wrote this a couple of days ago...*

I found myself completely focused on the future today. The near future. Usually, on New Years Day, I'm pondering the last year and what happened throughout it. It's not to say that I didn't think about a few things that happened this past year, but my mind is so focused on me and Bill's wedding. We are getting married in a little over 2 weeks! Sometimes, I find it hard to believe that I am getting married, and I'm marrying my best friend. It's the best feeling in the world to know that I'll have Bill with me through my life. I realize different things that I'm feeling when I talk to other people about the wedding.

A couple of days ago, my mom and I were casually talking about how soon the wedding is from now. She told me she is nervous and excited. Meaning it's such a serious commitment that she has so much respect for.  I feel the same way, and I feel ready for the commitment. I'm so excited that we'll be able to share our lives with each other.

My sister has also been really sweet when I talk to her about it. Sometimes, we're talking and she just stops and says, "Natalie, you are getting married!" I can't help but smile when she says that. It makes me so happy that she is happy for me. I feel like I process it even more when she says that to me. haha Not that I haven't been thinking about it for the past six months. ;) It's going to be a big change for me and my family. Especially since I'm the first kid to get married out of our family. Change... That is life. I can't wait to see what it will bring!


xoxo,
Photobucket


(Image: via)

6 Sweet Notes:

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Hi, Natalie! Hope you had wonderful holidays! So here's my best advice from an old married woman (ha!)...because I just know you want it. Double ha! ;) Pray for your husband, don't be selfish and be his number one cheerleader! Marriage is beautiful and hard. If you don't work at it, it doesn't work. We have had our ups and downs (like everyone...we're not robots!), but we centered our marriage on the Lord. 12 years later, we still act like we're dating. He comes up behind me just to kiss me. He makes my latte every morning and makes a smiley face with the foam (so cute), he holds my hand "just because", I leave him notes in his luggage when he travels, I send him flirty emails. It keeps the spark, which is hard with 3 kids! ;)

I hope all the best for you and Bill. Can't wait, wait, wait to see pics from your beautiful beach wedding!

Melisande said...

yay! i'm so excited for you!

Creativechaos said...

Congrats! I hope 2012 is a great year for you and your hubby : )

Amanda

Jenna said...

I can't believe how soon it is either!!! SO excited for you, Natalie! :)

Rebecca said...

Wow, how quick has this came around? Such an exciting time for you and us bloggers haha :D

Leah said...

AH! This post made me smile- I'm so happy for you Natalie! I had no idea the wedding was coming so soon- it snuck right up! I hope you soak up the last couple weeks and enjoy your wedding to the fullest- I can't wait to hear about it! :)