Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas time is here...

Family Christmas Tree.

I've almost finished buying presents for everyone this year, and I'm so excited I won't be shopping on Christmas Eve this year. I've bought presents the day before Christmas on many occasions, because I can't stand all the traffic and lack of parking spaces throughout December. :(

Bill putting together our new book shelf. :)

My brother Phil hanging out in the living room.

This Christmas will be different than most not including the fact that I didn't procrastinate buying presents. This year, I have so many new changes that I'm anticipating. Some I'm welcoming with open arms and others I am not. I cannot wait to get married and celebrate me and Bill's marriage. It's going to be wonderful! The change I'm not so sure about? My dad is leaving for Afghanistan to work as a contractor. Fortunately, he will be at our wedding and see me get married, but I know there will be a time of adjustment. It really will take a lot of prayer and will power not to worry about him, but I know my trust in God will grow from this experience. Who knows, maybe this job will be a great opportunity for him? I think so...

Other than that, things around here are pretty much the same. I'm loving the time I have with my brother and sister during the holidays. It's been a while since we've all been home and been able to spend this much time together. I'm hoping we can all go out to see a movie sometime soon such as this one,  or this one. Tonight, we all went out to Houlihans with Bill, and we spent a couple of hours talking about movies, plans for Christmas, and the wedding. I realized how much I have to be thankful for in my life. I'm blessed with people who truly care about me, and I couldn't be more happy about that.
Photobucket

3 Sweet Notes:

Leah said...

Way to go on getting all your presents bought! hehe. And I'd glad you're enjoying all the time with your family- soak it up! :)

Jenna said...

Oh yes- that always feels so nice to have Christmas shopping complete! :) I hate shopping in the month of December unless it's online and from the comfort of my home...lol

Sorry to hear about your dad's job placement :/ but it's great that you're being positive about the situation!

Dancing Branflake said...

All my love to your father and your family. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.