Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Never to early.


Now that Halloween has come and gone, I have skipped Thanksgiving and am already in the mood for Christmas. I woke up this morning thinking about how I want to decorate Bill's house for Christmas. I love little white lights. You can put them basically anywhere. My family and I have friends that would put those white lights in their kitchen and leave them up all year long. Their house looked that much fancier because of the beautiful lights adorning the top shelves in their kitchen. Surprisingly, it didn't matter if it was Spring or Summer the lights didn't clash with the changing of the seasons. That's how I would like to decorate Bill's kitchen.

The awesome news is I could start my festive decorating this weekend. The lights are already at Target! Too soon for Christmas? Perhaps. Although, I have no shame over my love of decorating for Christmas. We're going to have a beautiful kitchen!

Photobucket

2 Sweet Notes:

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Don't skip Thanksgiving! :) As far as prep goes, I like it more because you can just focus on being with family and being thankful as opposed to getting caught up in the rush of the commercial side of Christmas.

However...it is super fun to decorate for Christmas (though I dread the inevitable mess). I used to put up white lights in my room as a kid! I still put them up above my kitchen cabinets and wall unit. Something about sitting around, talking, drinking apple cider, chilling with just the little lights makes you feel warm and cozy.

Eek! I'm suddenly in the mood to decorate! Haha! But...let us never forget the Reason we celebrate! :)

Leah said...

Love this- the white lights in the kitchen sound so festive! I might have to do something like that too! I can't wait to hear how yours turn out! :)