Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The best is yet to come...


On our second date, Bill and I went out for ice cream and went bowling with his best friend and his best friend's wife. I remember feeling self conscious wearing my ugly bowling shoes in front of Billy. Heck, everyone was wearing those shoes, and I still felt that way! Now, I wouldn't even think about that, but I wanted to impress him.  I also remember that I almost said "No" to going bowling. I wanted to suggest a different less embarrassing option. My sister had told me that I needed to get out of my comfort zone... I owe her a big thank you.

I ended up bowling OK, and that night, I realized how comfortable I really was with Billy. It was only the second time we had met. I found myself smiling at him every time I took my turn. I couldn't help but smile. I had a gut feeling that he was going to be in my life for a long time. It might sound premature, but I couldn't ignore those thoughts that he was right for me.

I've been thinking about that date a lot. I'm so glad that my gut feeling was right. We are getting married really soon. I can't wait for our special day. A lot of people have been saying that, "The best is yet to come." My thoughts always go back to that after we finish something for the house.

Like painting our bedroom together. Moving the bed into what's going to be our new room.  Organizing the pans, cups, and cutting boards we got at our shower. All of those things make me realize how close we are to the best part of our lives. I can't wait!

Photobucket

9 Sweet Notes:

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

I'm with you on the ugly bowling shoes...haha! But...when it's meant to be, it's meant to be. (Profound, I know.)

Hang in there. Don't let the wedding plans stress you out o much that you forget to enjoy the process.You're only engaged once! (Generally speaking. ;)

kristyn ellen said...

This is really cute, Natalie. It's true - the best is yet to come! Even after marriage I think that is a wonderful way to think of life.

Aimee said...

What a sweet post! Loved this and it is so, so true :))

Erin said...

I am so happy that you two found each other. This is just such a heartwarming post and made me smile the entire time I was reading it. So true, the best is yet to come, but I have to say, it sounds like it's pretty awesome now too :)

Glamorous Barbie ♥ said...

Congrats on finding the right guy..marriage would be an amazing journey :)
http://glamorousbarbie7.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

What a sweet, sweet post Natalie! You can just feel the excitement in your words and I'm so happy for you! :) Cheers to the best part!!

Katie Marie said...

Cute! Sounds like you have quite an adventure coming up! :)

Sarah Ann said...

Such a sweet little story! Life is great together, isn't it?

I followed over here from Kristyn's blog, Read July, and I just wanted to say hi!

Reverie

keep in touch with fashion said...

sweety post!!! you are so lovely!

Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/