Friday, October 7, 2011

Keep Calm


I woke up happy this morning knowing that the weekend is here. Ahh. What a relief. This week, Bill and I started premarital counseling as a part of planning for our life together. I was so nervous. I tend view things as a test, which didn't make the first meeting very fun. I think I will feel better the next time we meet. Our pastor said he wanted to help us have the best start to our marriage. I also like the layout of the meetings. Not much was going this week, besides work and hanging out with the people I love. 
Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to picking out photos to print from our engagement photo session. We had Bill's brother take a few photos that turned out really great. My mom is also taking some pictures on Sunday afternoon at the same spot where we got engaged. I'm so excited for that! The leaves are changing, and everything looks extra beautiful with the orange, red, and yellow colored leaves decorating the trees. Also, we have also been having several days of Indian summer that have been wonderful. I'm trying to keep every last bit of warm summer weather with me. Even though I know it's going to slip away eventually. 
How are you enjoying your weekend?

6 Sweet Notes:

Melisande said...

heyyy i know that drawing! ;) i think premarital counseling is a great idea, since planning a wedding and even marriage itself can be so stressful.
i can't wait to see the photos from the engagement shoot! so exciting!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I like the idea of going through pre-marital counseling. That would be a good preparation for me and the fiance too. I should suggest that to him. =) Have a happy weekend!

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

My dad IS a minister, but we did NOT do our premarital counseling with him. Lol. :) I think the counseling is a great idea and honestly, should be required for anyone getting married. Maybe divorce rates would be lower! ;)

Have you heard of Gary Chapman's book on the 5 Love Languages? If you haven't, I highly recommend it.

Can't wait to see engagement pics! :)

Natalie said...

Melisande- That drawing is so cool. I really like it. Can't wait to post some pics. :)

Cindy said...

This drawing is awesome! And premarital counseling sounds like a great idea. I hope all is well and I can't wait for those photos! :)

Jenna said...

I am really in love with that drawing!

I hope you can share some of your engagement pictures once they are all developed and ready to go! :) I'd love to see them. What a beautiful time of the year to take photos!