Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day Dreaming about Running & Married Life


I ran a wonderful 3 miles after work yesterday with my dog. There was a short amount of time before it rained. I was really glad I got to take advantage of the good weather. I feel like all the stress of the day rolls off my back when I run or do any form of exercise.

Also, I love the feeling of accomplishment when I run a little bit faster or go an extra mile. I had been really wanting to get back to my routine after my first half marathon. I had stopped working out for two weeks, and I felt awful about it. I have a new goal now to work out regularly each week so I don't go stir crazy.

Last winter, I didn't have a regular membership at a gym, and I totally regret not having one. I didn't run for five months. I CAN'T imagine doing that this year. There's no way I would even think of it. ha This winter will be so much different in a lot of ways. Last night, Bill and I were talking about how things our going to change once were married.

I love thinking about all the different things that will happen. I know it's going to be great not having to leave at night. Sometimes, it's annoying having to leave early so I can get up at a decent time in the morning for work. Plus, I'm get more time with my sweetypea.

Another thing we discussed? Cooking and cleaning... We decided that whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up afterwards. I think I'm going to do a lot of cleaning up. At least for a while. Bill usually takes over for me when I try to cook. I have quite a few things to learn still, but at least, I'm willing. :)

I personally can't wait to come home to Bill everyday. He leaves for work earlier in the day, but in the evenings, we'll have time together. Bill mentioned how we're going to busy. For the most part, I agree with that, but I'm hoping will have lots more time together, which I know we will. ahh I can't wait!

I could daydream all day, but that really isn't productive, is it?. Back to the real world.


Photobucket

3 Sweet Notes:

Aimee said...

I love finding other runners in blog land. The engagement period can be such a fun and exciting time time full of anticipation. My husband is also the cook so I do a lot of dish cleaning too haha. Enjoy this time in life and congrats on the 3 miles. Feels so good doesn't it?!

Natalie said...

Me too!! I think it's awesome to know other people like it as much as I do. :) Bill, my boyfriend, cooked again tonight! I cleaned the kitchen and picked up everything. I think it's a pretty good trade off. There's no way, I could cook as good as him!

And, yes, running feel so good! It's my favorite way to exercise besides yoga. :)

Jamie said...

I run for my mental health as much as my physical health. I always feel yucky when I go on a hiatus (like now). Maybe I'll go for a run tonight :)