Sunday, October 23, 2011

Almost Done!

Bill and I officially know what are invitations are going to look like. Bill's sister called me and offered to help us look for invites. We ended up going to Michaels and getting them for $14.99. AMAZING! (They were 40% off.) The color of the invites match the color of my bridesmaid dresses-they're beautiful.

I'm super excited that we have that part over with. Now, we just need to figure out the wording and print them out. I need to get on that pronto! :) We are almost done with the important parts of the wedding planning.

After we found our invitations, we went to Target to get a few things for dinner. I made tuna casserole for our meal. Bill loved it. I was pretty happy with it too. It felt good to finally bake dinner for him. I haven't really been that comfortable cooking, but I recently decided that I want to start trying. I think I'm going to have fun with it. One of my friend's has a blog, Culinary Ramblings, where she writes about all the delicious things that she cooks for her and her husband. I will totally be referencing that more and more as we get closer to the wedding.

Is there anything you like cooking for your significant other?



Photobucket

5 Sweet Notes:

Erinn said...

I like cooking pizza for husband because it's something easy that we both really love!
It's great to hear that all of the wedding business is falling into place :D

Leah said...

Yay for the wedding details and planning coming together! The invitations sound pretty- and what a great deal too! :)
And what fun - I am not a great cook either, but having an apartment this year has given me more opportunities to cook which is fun! Jake and I made Taco Stuffed Shells together a while back and it was really fun, not too hard and yummy. Here's the recipe if you're interested -http://blogchef.net/taco-stuffed-shells-recipe/ - I'm craving them again! haha.

Jenna said...

What an incredible price for your wedding invitations! That's amazing. I'm sure they're absolutely beautiful. How perfect that they match your bridesmaids dresses too.

I am not a very confident cook either. I usually stick to couscous with sauteed vegetables! :) Your tuna casserole sounds delicious though!

Faith said...

so exciting to get the invites off the list!

i love cooking for hubby. i basically cook a new meal every week and then if we like it, it becomes a staple. it has been a lot of fun so i am sure it will be fun for you too. practice makes perfect! :0)

Miss Bray said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Natalie! And the reminder...I need to post a few new recipes. Hope they are inspiring. Love you! ~m.