Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Gowns & Veils





Saturday was a very eventful day. I found and bought my wedding dress! It's absolutely PERFECT for me. I don't have it pictured here, because I want it to be surprise. My mom took me to David's Bridal, and I guess I went there not expecting to find what I wanted. I started my search discouraged, because I had never seriously looked at any wedding dress, let alone a certain type. The consultant I had was very helpful. In fact, she encouraged me to try on more dresses, and that is how I found the ONE.

I was ecstatic to find my dress that I had my mom take a lot of pictures of me in it. Of course, she didn't mind. She's the photographer of the family. I loved having here there. She thought the dress that I picked out was the right one for me as well. A very comforting feeling. I'm not sure I would know what I would have done without my mom there. She was so helpful with everything and gave her honest opinions.

I feel a huge relief off of my shoulders this weekend from picking out the right dress. Now, I just have to get it fitted with some accessories. I am planning when I would like to go with my bridesmaids to look at dresses. I'm not going to have a huge wedding party, since it is a destination wedding and I like smaller ones anyway. Most likely, Bill and I will have a 'siblings wedding party.' It will definitely be special.

Also, I know I have some comments that I haven't gotten around to answering. I know some people may be wondering why we're having our wedding in Florida. I wanted to answer that. Honestly, the idea of a destination wedding held a lot of appeal to us. We couldn't think of anything more romantic than getting married on the beach. Also, we don't mind that our wedding will be smaller than most as long as the people closest to us are there. What are your thoughts on destination weddings?


Photobucket

12 Sweet Notes:

Erinn said...

I too picked out my dress during the first round of dress searching. I had never seriously looked at dresses before and it was suppose to just be a research trip. The only reason I even tried on the dress I did (I swore I would never have straps on my wedding dress) was because one of my bridesmaids insisted strongly that is would look great on me. She was right :) It was actually the first dress of 10 I tried on and knew nothing else would compare.
So excited you got this big milestone down! And destination weddings are awesome! I think if we didn't have so many people traveling anyways just to get to washington, we would've done destination. It sounds like it is the perfect choice for you two :)

Allie said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! I'm sure your dress looks amazing;] Can't wait to actually see pictures of it on the Big day!
*Allie*

Brooke said...

I can't believe I missed the post that said you got engaged and everything. Congratulations :) This is so exciting! If you need any help, let me know! The wedding dress was my favorite too and I can't wait to see yours. Just last Saturday I got mine altered! YAY!

Erin said...

I had no idea you were having a destination wedding! That is such an AWESOME idea! I asked why Florida because I wondered if maybe one of you was originally from there ;) How exciting to get married on the beach!! John and I want to renew our vows on the beach in a few years! I can't wait to see photos- your wedding is going to be beautiful! You look lovely in all these posted photos and I'm only slightly bummed you didn't post a picture of your dress ;) The only reason I'm not completely bummed is because I know how important it is to keep it a surprise, and you deserve that opportunity! Ah! What a beautiful bride you will be!

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

It's official.

You're getting married.

You have the dress. :)

That's great you found it already! Now the hard part: staring at it in your closet for the next however many months. (Did you pick a date?)

I never thought of doing a destination wedding for myself, but I can definitely see the appeal in it. Not only will it be extremely special and personal, but I'm guessing it's easier is some ways? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

A smaller wedding means only the most important people will be there and that's the point anyway. :)

Can't wait to hear more!

Sophisticated Steps

Jenna said...

Thank you so much for sharing pictures from your wedding gown search! I am so happy to hear that you've found the perfect one and cannot wait to see it!! :) That must be such a relief! Hurrah!

I love destination weddings. I think they are so intimate and romantic. I could never have one myself since I have a huge extended family who I am very close to, but I think they're wonderful.

Rebecca said...

Ahh *mini girl scream* I'm so happy for you that you've found the perfect wedding dress!! I think a beach wedding would be perfect too :)

I'm so excited to see the dress, have you's decided when the big day will be?

Fran said...

I'm so happy you found the right dress on the first day! :)

Lindsay said...

In love with the flower in your hair - I hope you're going to wear that on the big day!

Alana said...

Congratulations on finding The Dress! It's all downhill from here. :)

Leah said...

AWH! I'm so happy for you- I cannot wait to go shopping for my wedding dress someday, and it was fun to read about your experience and see pictures- I can't wait to see your dress! :) Also, I love the idea of a destination wedding so it will be neat to see yours unfold! :)

Faith said...

how exciting that you found the one! best feeling when you are planning!

i think that destination weddings are beautiful and it is up to the couple ... if that is what they want that is what they should have!

congrats on finding the dress and happy planning!!