Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

On Saturday, I saw my mom's side of the family. I had a really good time with them. I don't see them very often-so it was definitely a treat getting to see them. We ate pizza, and they had my absolute favorite chop salad from Portillos-YUM!

My heart felt really full after seeing them. That may sound really cheesy, but family is important to me even though I don't get always get as much family time as I would like. Also, on Sunday, I went to lunch after church a winery located a few miles from my home with Billy and my mom. Oh my goodness, I love going there...

It always amazes me that I live so close to a local winery. The large front double doors to the restaurant are impressive themselves with the grape vine handles. There is a huge entry way and the table cloths are all black. It screams classy. Oh and did I mention how close it is? No need to go 20 to 25 minutes from home to find good food and wine. We sat and talked for two hours about life, our recent ring shopping experience, premarital counseling, and travel plans. I had a great time with my mom and Bill. I think I will always remember today. I could feel her love for us with the advice and guidance she gave. It was really special. I'm very thankful that God gave me the family I have. I'm realizing more and more how everything I have is a gift from Him.

I want to soak up all the good moments and remember everything. Expect several long posts with pictures accompanying them. I am also planning on updating the posts and text in my navigation bar so look for a post on that soon.

On another note, this weekend officially felt like fall. The temp was in the low seventies and high sixties, and I was completely reminded of why I love fall and the cooler weather. I went for a 10 mile run Monday morning, and Bill rode his bike next to me. It was really sweet that he kept me company like that. He also gave me water, an apple, and fruit snacks along the way. I ran and ate at the same time. I'm getting better at it. Ha. Later in the day, we went to an apple orchard. We ate donuts and drank cider; plus, we got to pick some of the most delicious apples. Here are a few of the pictures I took.












Hope you are all having a wonderful week thus far!! ;)

Photobucket

4 Sweet Notes:

Erin said...

Aww! Looks like the Apple Orchard was blast! So nice to hear your kind positive words about your family. It's so wonderful that you have such great relationships- something to cherish for a lifetime! I'm so excited for you right now, and I hope you are soaking up every moment that leads up to your special day!!! Take it all in and appreciate it-- but I know you already do :)

Hugs to you my friend
Erin

Melisande said...

my boyfriend runs or rides his bike alongside me when i run too! it's the best motivation. can't wait to see new posts with photos!

Lucy The Valiant said...

Yay for it finally feeling like fall! I love those orchard pictures!

Hannah said...

oh my goodness what a fun little weekend yall had :) i really love the quote on that bench! it would make a great location for engagement pictures hahah!