Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Day on the Lake

A couple of weekends ago, Bill and I went to his aunt and uncle's cabin in Wisconsin. We met up with his parents who were already there. There were several winding and hilly roads that led to the cabin. It was nothing like Illinois. I was so excited to go there!

This was the life... I loved relaxing on the lake without anything to worry about for the day.

I thought he was looking when I took this picture. ;)


I hope Bill doesn't mind that I put these pictures up. I just think he looks cute with the towel on his head. Of course, he didn't put it on for that reason. ha It was really hot outside!

The start of our fun day on the lake...

The water felt so good! I grew up going to lakes and camping, but I have always been scared to get in the water. This time was no exception, but I was definitely happy after I got in and started swimming. 

Everything is so much more relaxing in the water with a life jacket!

Bill waited on us while we enjoyed the raft. There was a lot of storytelling going on that day. :)

At the end of the day, we went tubing!! Bill and his niece were the first ones to try it. She was so scared. Poor thing. I went tubing with him after this and had so much fun even though it was rather bumpy! This weekend made me wish that summer was two to three months longer... I couldn't get enough of the warm weather and cool water-I loved it!!


Photobucket

7 Sweet Notes:

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Bangs! You cut bangs! You are so brave. I am not...have thought about it. Very cute.

Towel head pic - hilarious.

Looks like a fun day, but I'm with you on the whole "getting in the water part". Always afraid something's going to grab me! Lol.

Sophisticated Steps

Melisande said...

that looks like so much fun! i love lake days, especially rafting and tubing!

Rebecca said...

Looks a lot of fun! I love learning new words that you use over in America too so I don't mind you asking :) I was just wondering what word do you use for 'childminders'? :)

Jenna said...

Hahah I love the picture where you thought Bill was looking. Adorable.

Your day at the lake looks like SO much fun!!!

Fran said...

It looks so much fun! :)

Leah said...

What a fun day! I love being out on a lake! :)

Faith said...

looks like such a fun day! great pictures!!