Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How It Happened

Bill and I had been looking at rings for a few weeks before we got engaged. It was kind of funny, because the first day we had started to look we left a pamphlet out that his mom and sister ended up seeing it. His mom walked in and said, "What is this!!?" I love getting big reactions. ha

After that day, we went to a couple different jewelers during the course of three weeks. It wasn't until last Friday that I knew I was going to get to pick out my ring. Bill told me he wanted to go pick a ring out the next day, Saturday. I couldn't have been more excited!! On Saturday, we went to three different jewelers. We basically went to those three stores 2 to 3 times, because I couldn't make up my mind for the life of me. I was driving myself nuts.

I tried on EVERY type of ring. All different styles. I had to know what I thought of each and what looked good. I've never looked at engagement rings before me and Bill started looking so I wasn't sure what style I liked most. I went from liking a ring with all kinds of detail on the side and multiple stones to a solitaire ring with a thicker band. Also, I thought that I liked a princess cut instead of a round diamond, but then I decided that I liked round diamonds more. After we searched for a couple of hours, I ended up choosing the ring that I had ultimately thought would be the best. Bill had asked me to try on m ring at the store. It was the last ring that I tried on that day. I was stoked when we left the store. I absolutely LOVE the main three stones with the yellow gold band.

On the way home, Bill didn't let me look at the ring after that. He took a left turn that I didn't expect into a forest preserve that we had both been to on picnic last year. We were the only ones there, when Bill gave the sweetest speech that I have ever heard. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was amazing, and I was so happy! We drove home so eager to tell my mom. When we got to my house, my mom got off the phone right away and came inside to talk to us. It was super sweet. We were both so giddy about just getting engaged. After talking to my mom for a while we went to Bill's parent's house to tell them. We told his brother when we got there, and later that night, we told his sisters, brother in laws, and his mom and dad. They were all really excited and happy for us.

When Bill dropped me off at home, I remember being pretty slaphappy, and saying, "Babe, we're fiances!" I love saying that, and I love being fiances. hehe

The weekend continued to be amazing. I kept on staring at my ring.  I cannot wait to start planning our wedding!

Photobucket

8 Sweet Notes:

Gentri said...

Oh that is so exciting!! :D I love reading engagement stories so much!

Lindsay said...

So sweet! I agree with Gentri - engagement stories are my favorite!

Allie said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to hear details for your wedding;)
*Allie*
www.allieinterrupted.blogspot.com

Bri said...

How exciting and sweet!! CONGRATS! :)

Faith said...

so sweet and exciting! congrats again!!! Happy Planning!

Jenna said...

I love that Bill had planned a speech! :) So sweet!! And I seriously cannot wait to read your blog posts when the wedding planning begins!

Leah said...

AHHHH. So happy and excited for you and Billy. All the details are so thoughtful! :)

Rebecca said...

I come off holiday to such great news! Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you, you make such a lovely couple :) And, I love your ring!!