Friday, August 5, 2011

First Songs

When I was fifteen or sixteen, I listened to Michelle Branch ALL the time. I LOVED her songs! I was just starting to drive, and it was my favorite thing to sing to her songs in my car, rather my parent's Suburban. I feel like those were the songs that introduce me to my teen years. Years filled with crushes and fun times.


My favorite songs from those days were Everywhere...




And Breathe...



I felt like even then, I craved romance and could completely relate to these songs even though I had never had boyfriend...

My taste in music really hasn't changed that much at all. I still adore Michelle Branch songs, but I listen to Taylor Swift music almost everyday.

My favorite songs from here are You Belong With Me...



And Love Story....




Who am I kidding? I love all of her songs.


Anyways, when I was younger, I daydreamed that I would find that perfect guy, and I would be able to completely relate to my favorite Michelle Branch songs. I wanted a guy who adored me and loved me for me. I'm so happy that I found  that in Bill. He was the guy I was dreaming about all that time...
He's everything that I want.



Photobucket

8 Sweet Notes:

Marian said...

Gosh, I loved Michelle Branch too!! And its so great to find your other half, isn't it:)

Kenli said...

oh man! i was definitely a michelle branch teenager too - hahah. i used to really love taylor because i always thought her music could "relate," but i've since become obsessed with adele and i feel the same about her music and it's just not as mainstream i guess.

i think the fact that i'm at work listening to the radio at all times has a lot to do with the fact that i just CANNOT with taylor swift anymore... it's far too overplayed and that makes me sad because i really loved her!

Sarah Kate said...

My junior year of high school was when Michelle Branch became so popular. I loved her, too! Even sang 'Everywhere' for my boyfriend's band at the time (and I'm not even that great of a singer, that's how much I loved her!!)

Maybe I've grown up too much since then, but I just can't seem to really get into Taylor Swift. Or it could be b/c I have a 9-year-old that adores her and I think it would be weird for us to have the same taste in music. ;o)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh my...I used to love Michelle Branch, so much! I have so many memories tied to her music. You know who else I always loved that reminds me of her a bit? Vanessa Carlton...LOVE her. :)

Rebecca said...

Aww that's sweet! I love Taylor Swift's songs too :)

Jenna said...

Michelle Branch's "Breathe" never gets old!! Such a great song :)

Whitney said...

I love Michelle and Taylor. I even loved Michelle, when she sang with Jessica Harp and became The Wreckers.

Faith said...

ahhh, i absolutely loved/love Michelle Branch too! all her songs were just made me happy and made me want to be in love!

glad you found your love! :)