Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Enjoying Each Other

This past weekend, I've been reminding myself to calm down and not get overwhelmed with everything going on right now. I got pretty stressed after a certain conversation this weekend, and I realized wedding planning won't be that easy. I'm just glad things are easy between me and Bill. We can talk through pretty much anything. Anyways, Bill and I sat down on Sunday and spent several hours planning two different trips that we're taking, including our honeymoon. Neither us have much experience booking flights. Man, it was making us nervous. I think we reread the times for our flights several times before pressing the 'continue booking flight' button. It felt so great accomplishing some of the important details of two exciting trips. I literally felt a weight off my chest afterwords.

One of these trips involves getting out of the United States for a while! We are going to Toronto, Canada and New York in a couple of weeks. Bill was a little surprised that I've already been to Toronto before, but we both can't wait to explore the city. After a couple of days, we are going to New York to visit a good friend of mine. I am really looking forward to seeing her and her husband at their home. A week before we leave for Canada, I'm running my first half marathon. I cannot wait to run my race and have Bill be there. I am reminding myself that I am running this race for me. It helps relieve any unwanted pressure. Overall, I don't think I've ever been this busy in my life. My nerves are definitely up, but I'm so pumped that I'm experiencing all these new things.

Yesterday, I had dinner with my brother and dad. It was his last night before he left for London. He has around an eight to nine hour flight today, and I just said goodbye to him. I also put up a couple of new pictures of him up at work. It's going to be weird having him so far away. Although, he is pumped to the freaking max, and I couldn't be more happy for him. That doesn't mean I won't miss him like crazy though, because I definitely will.

Ahh... Life and its changes....

One of the pictures, I put up at work. I'm finally decorating my workspace.


9 Sweet Notes:

Erinn said...

wedding planning is so stressful in my opinion. Some people just have to let you know how they feel about YOUR wedding...it can be totally overwhelming sometimes. But when you check things off the list for your wedding planning, it feels so good that the stress is easily forgotten. I hope that you have less of those nasty stressful moments and more easy ones as you continue on planning!

Jenna said...

It does sound like your busy! But luckily with all happy and positive things! :)

Rebecca said...

Ee you are definitely a busy bee! New York & Toronto - lucky you!

Melisande said...

busy girl! hopefully you can use your training and the race as a stress outlet. i can't wait to see photos from your trips!! so exciting!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

adorable photo :) adorable blog! this post made me miss my little brother!

Faith said...

i truly feel that wedding planning will only be as stressful as you allow it ... at the end of the day you really do have control over how your wedding planning makes you feel. i truly loved everything about my wedding planning and i can honestly say that it wasn't stressful to me at all.

so my advice to you is to know that it can be stressful but only if you allow it.

how exciting that you will be traveling to Toronto and NYC ... you are going to love both!! can't wait to see pictures, haha.

Sarah Kate said...

Is this a permanent move to London? One of my best friends just married a man from London and she now lives there. I miss her all the time, but now I'll have a free place to stay when I go visit! :o)

Your trips sound like fun! Especially the one to Canada! Ya'll will have a great time. Try to enjoy yourself and not stress too much while you're vacationing. And good luck on your race!! It's coming up fast!

Aimee said...

CUTE blog! Thanks for stopping by my site. I look forward to reading more from you. Yay for vacations! Have fun!

Natalie said...

Faith, thank you for your note. I realized how true that was! I also feel less stressed so that's good.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!

Sarah Kate, no it's not permanent. He is studying abroad in his senior year of college. I am totally jealous. haha :)

Melisande, training is definitely a good stress reliever!