Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays... ;)

I'm surprised at how fast time is going by right now... I love summer, and I look forward to it all year long. Although, I am pretty excited for fall. I can't wait to do all the fun things that come with that season. But for now, I am soaking up summer and trying to do the last summery things that I can. This weekend, I went to a couple of birthday parties for Bill's family members. I love birthdays and celebrating them. On Saturday, we celebrated one of Bill's youngest niece's birthday. They had a carnival theme with pony rides at her birthday. It was really sweet.

The Birthday Girl!
First pony ride. :)
She looks so cute on the pony!
So excited to open presents.
They painted the horses hooves for the special day.

Later in the day, Bill and his siblings and their significant others made a movie. The script was written an hour prior. :) (Bill loves making movies and directing them.) I'm not sure that I will be posting it here since I had a speaking part in it, and I don't know that I want to embarrass myself that much. haha

 Everyone made pies for their Grandma's birthday.
 Cherry pie. This one looks hard to make. I need to start learning how to bake pies. I attempted it, and it didn't work... I brought a pecan pie that isn't pictured here. :)
 Chocolate Mousse.
 Chocolate.
 Blueberry.

 Billy right before he welcomed everybody. I like his haircut!
 Me with my cutie.


I helped cut pies with Bill's sisters. :) I had a really good time with everyone. My mom came as well. Now, it's Monday, and another week has already begun. I'm hoping to get so much done. What are you looking forward to this week?

Countdown to the Half Marathon: 1 Month

Photobucket

5 Sweet Notes:

Lucy The Valiant said...

Ponies!! Best party ever!

Elizabeth and Kyle @ Love Is the Adventure said...

mmmmmmm...I love pie! I have not come close to mastering the art of pie crust, yet, but I will get there, hopefully!


I'm looking forward to a trip to this huge thrift store I've been hearing about. It's a little bit of a drive but I think I'm going to do it this week. I'll def post about it if I do!

Rebecca said...

I love birthdays too! Good luck with your half marathon!

Faith said...

what a great birthday party! she'll remember it forever!

i have never baked a pie ... i haven't even tried because it looks so difficult ... i have to give it a shot! all the pies look amazing!

Leah said...

What fun- I love celebrating birthdays! The pies all look so yummy, what a creative idea! :) Jake's 21st birthday is coming up soon this month and I'm looking forward to celebrating it!