Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday Clay

On Sunday, we had our craft night at Billy's parent's house. Billy had bought 25 pounds of clay for his mom's birthday! (I wrote about it here.) It was fun having everyone together. Although, I've always struggled with being good at crafts, I still enjoyed making a bowl after my third or fourth attempt. haha

Billy went all out and made a huge squid. I was pretty impressed with him. :)

I love his expression here!

Hard at work.

Our tools that we worked with that night.

Billy clearly has more creative skills than I do. I could have never made anything similar to his squid.

 These are the pots I made with a little help. I actually like how the one on the left looks with the little circles.
 Love this picture. I like remembering and looking at what we made. I am hoping that they will turn out great after we put them in the kiln.
He filled it with newspaper for support. 

I didn't realize how many pictures I took of his squid. It was really cool, and I love all the pieces. The other things that were made: a tea cup, a few bowls, a dinosaur, a sun and a moon. I'll be sure to post how they turned out with their glazes and everything. :)


Photobucket

5 Sweet Notes:

Erin said...

That is SO awesome! What a great idea! I think your little pot looks great! I have recently become obsessed with tea sets- so... how about it? Mission "Natalie makes Erin a tea set" in full force! ....and...go!

Hugs!

Erin

Elizabeth and Kyle @ Love Is the Adventure said...

That is so cool! I have never fired clay in a kiln before. You'll have to post pictures so we can see how they turn out!

Brandi @ Home Team Dreams said...

Very cool! Fun idea :)

Jenna said...

Wow! Billy is really talented- that squid is quite impressive!!

And this night looks like so much fun! What a creative gift and one that everyone was able to enjoy together. Love it!

Faith said...

oh wow, how cool! i haven't worked with clay in so long! makes me want to buy some clay now! can't wait to see the finished products!