Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August and everything that it brings.

August has it's way of creeping up on me when I least expect it. I have this love/hate relationship with this month. I love that Target has all those fun back to school pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks, folders, etc. Just seeing all those things is fun for me. The things I hate? I hate that summer is coming to an end and that winter is just a matter of months away. It was really starting to make me sad thinking about that, but yesterday my negative thoughts were turned around by a great dinner with my dad, watching Julie & Julia, a nice walk with my mom and dog, and the fact that it was beautiful outside.


It made me think about all the things I want to be doing on a awesome day like yesterday. After all, that is what the weekend is for, plenty of free time. I can't wait to sleep in to 9am or later, bake/cook what I want to, possibly going to see The Help, visiting our chickens, going for a long run, reading Water for Elephants, and doing whatever. :) What are you looking forward to this weekend?

Also, I have a question for my readers. I am curious. 

What would you like to see more of on my blog?

Photobucket

10 Sweet Notes:

Brooke said...

That ice cream looks delicious!! and are you talking about a navigation bar? I can definitley do one of those for you!

Katie K. said...

That ice cream does look delicious. The Help looks so good. I really want to see that movie too!

Fran said...

That ice looks super delicious! Yum :)

Jenna said...

I was just at Target this afternoon, and there were too many kids and their moms crowding the school supplies aisles! Ugh. I wanted to buy a pencil case too! Oh well...

And at least you have the autumn to look forward to before the winter months come! :)

I love reading your blog, Natalie! I can't think of things to add. I know that's not helpful at all :/

Erin said...

I need some of that ice cream! Wow! I hope you enjoy your visit with your chickens :) You are my only friend with farm animals but I love it!!

Enjoy the rest of your August my dear sweet friend!

Leah said...

I want some of that ice cream too- yumm! And I am so excited for this weekend- I'm visiting Jake for one last summer hurrah before school- we're going boating and swimming and it will be so fun to see him! :) I want to see the help too- that looks so good! I'm baking right now- a lemon poppy seed cake, I'm really excited about it! :) Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Jess said...

MMmm now I want some of that icecream too!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how close summer is to ending too! That ice cream looks delicious :)

lushdeez said...

I am equally as sad about summer ending!! :(( It went by WAY too fast! Especially since it was still raining here in June! and it's usually in the 100s by May. Wahh I hate winter!

-kimberly
http://lushdeez.blogspot.com

Faith said...

that ice cream picture makes me happy ... i want it!

i want to see whatever it is you want to write about ... i follow you because i am interesting in what you have to say ....

i want to see The Help too!! it looks so good!